Woman finds dead mouse in Hershey’s syrup ordered from Zepto

It was just days after a Mumbai based MBBS student found a finger in his ice-cream that he had earlier ordered from an online store, a woman discovered a mouse in her Hershey’s syrup bottle that she had ordered from Zepto.

Prami Sridhar filmed a detailed video posting it on her social media handles. The video started with Sridhar and her family discovering small strands of hair in the syrup. That was when the family’s suspicion rose. After that, they started pouring the content into a disposable cup until they found something of a thick consistency falling out. Sridhar then washed the thick substance under running water only to discover that it was a dead mouse.

It is also to be noted that three of Sridhar’s family members mouse in it. One of them lost consciousness and was taken to a nearby hospital. She has recovered now. “This is extremely concerning and unacceptable,” her post read. Soon after Sridhar’s video went viral, Hershey’s responded to it saying, “Hi there, we are very sorry to see this. Please send us the UPC and manufacturing code from the bottle to [email protected] with the reference number 11082163 so one of our team members can assist you!”
Netzines were shocked over the company’s cold reply. One user commented, “Never want to use your products! Very bad! Mostly kids like your products and it is very bad for them! SHAME.”

This is not the first case of food items getting mixed with dead animals. Last week a Mumbai based doctor discovered a finger in his ice-cream that he had ordered from an online food delivery platform. Recently a woman discovered a fried frog in her wafers snacks packet that she had bought from her nearby store.

Latest Indian news

Popular Stories

Latest Video