Mumbai – Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program. This initiative aims to support up to 5,000 meritorious students pursuing their undergraduate degrees by providing financial assistance based on a merit-cum-means criteria.
Empowering Future Leaders
The Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships have been established with the mission to empower deserving students to pursue their dreams of higher education without the burden of financial constraints. The program is not only about providing financial aid but also about nurturing the potential of young individuals to become successful professionals and active contributors to India’s socio-economic development.
Inclusive Eligibility Criteria
To ensure that the program reaches those who truly need it, the eligibility criteria are designed to be inclusive. Students with a household income of under Rs. 15 lakh who are enrolled in the first year of their undergraduate studies, pursuing any subject stream, are eligible to apply. The program also encourages applications from girls and specially-abled students, reflecting its commitment to diversity and equality.
To be eligible for the Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident Indian citizen.
- Have passed the 12th standard with a minimum of 60% marks and be attending a full-time undergraduate degree program in India.
- Have a household income of less than Rs. 15 lakhs, with preference given to those with income less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Successfully complete a mandatory aptitude test.
However, certain categories of students are not eligible for this scholarship:
- Students who are in their 2nd year or higher of undergraduate studies.
- Students pursuing their degrees through online, remote, distance, or any other non-regular modes.
- Students who have completed a Diploma after the 10th standard.
- Students pursuing a 2-year undergraduate degree.
- Students who do not participate in the mandatory aptitude test or are found cheating during the test.
Financial Assistance and Networking Opportunities
Beneficiaries of the Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship will receive financial support of up to INR 2,00,000 over the duration of their degree program. Beyond financial aid, the program is committed to providing students with networking opportunities through a robust alumni network, ensuring that they receive mentorship and guidance from accomplished professionals in their respective fields.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates need to submit the following documents:
- A passport-size photograph.
- Proof of permanent address.
- Marksheets of the 10th and 12th board examinations.
- Bonafide Student Certificate from their current college/institution of enrollment.
- Family income proof issued by Gram Panchayat/Ward Counsellor/Sarpanch/Income Proof issued by SDM/DM/CO/Tehsildar.
- Official Disability Certificate issued by the relevant Government authority (if applicable).
The Reliance Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program represents a transformative step towards empowering the youth of India, providing them with the means to pursue higher education and fulfill their aspirations.
For further information and application details, visit the official Reliance Foundation website or contact the scholarship program’s helpline.