A step towards fostering education and advancing STEM disciplines in India, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (GSK) has unveiled its remarkable CSR initiative, the GSK Scholars Programme. This program is designed to offer substantial financial assistance to deserving students pursuing a career in Medicine, with a primary focus on those facing financial constraints. The GSK Scholars Programme aspires to contribute to the nation’s skill development and enhance Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education across India.
Financial Aid for Aspiring Doctors
Under the GSK Scholars Programme, first-year MBBS students enrolled in government colleges will receive vital financial support. Eligible students can benefit from financial assistance of up to INR 1,00,000 per year for a maximum duration of 4.5 years, covering their academic expenses throughout their MBBS journey.
A Commitment to Education and Transformation
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. believes deeply in the transformative power of education. The GSK Scholars Programme is a testament to their commitment to equipping young minds with the tools they need for a promising future. This initiative is being facilitated by GiveIndia, a renowned platform dedicated to philanthropic endeavors.
To be eligible for the GSK Scholars Programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing the first year of their MBBS program in government colleges.
- Attained a minimum of 65% marks in Class 12 board examinations.
- Annual family income should not exceed INR 6,00,000 from all sources.
- Open exclusively to Indian nationals.
- Children of employees working at GSK, GiveIndia, and Buddy4Study are not eligible for this scholarship.
Benefits of the GSK Scholars Programme
Selected scholars can enjoy the following benefits:
- Financial support of up to INR 1,00,000 per year throughout their MBBS program, totaling up to INR 4.5 lakhs over four and a half years.
Important Note: The scholarship funds can only be utilized for academic expenses, including tuition fees, exam fees, books, hostel fees, food, and seminars. If any funds remain unused, they will be allocated for stationery, online learning, and payment of internet/data pack bills.
Applicants must provide the following documents during the application process:
- Class 12 mark sheet.
- Government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card, voter identity card, driving license, PAN card).
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt, admission letter, institution identity card, bonafide certificate).
- Family income proof (salary slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR).
- Bank account details of the applicant.
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
For those eager to seize this remarkable opportunity, the application portal for the GSK Scholars Programme can be accessed by clicking [here] https://www.buddy4study.com/page/gsk-scholars-programme?ref=featuredScholarships
This initiative stands as a beacon of hope for aspiring medical students, paving the way for them to achieve their dreams and contribute to the advancement of healthcare in India. GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is committed to nurturing talent and supporting education, ultimately leading to a brighter future for the nation.