Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddiyurappa has announced the Covid-19 lockdown will continue in 11 districts in the State till June 21 as they have a high positivity rate. However, some relaxations have been granted in the remaining the districts.
There is no change in the existing guidelines for districts with high posivity rate such as Chikmagalur, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi and Kodagu districts. The status quo continues.
Here’s a list of activities that will allowed from June 14 to June 21:
- All industries will be allowed to operate with a staff attendance of 50 percent. However, the garment industries has allowed 30 percent of staff attendance.
- All essential stores are allowed to open from 6 am to 2 pm.
- All construction activities and shops related to construction activities like steel and cement are allowed to function outside containment areas.
- Parks are allowed from 5 am to 10 am, but group activities are prohibited.
- Street vendors are allowed to trade from 6 am to 2 pm.
- Two passengers are allowed in auto and cabs.
- The Covid-19 night curfew is in effect from 7pm to 5am. Public movement is prohibited expect for essential services and health emergencies. E commerce activities are allowed.
- The weekend curfew will be in effect from 7am on Friday night till 5 am on Monday. Only essential and emergency services will be permitted during weekends.