In the state-run Minority Residential School in the Siddipet district of Telangana, about 120 girls fell ill, in what was thought to be a case of severe food poisoning on June 27. The patients were taken to the closest government hospital.
The students reportedly fell ill after having lunch which consisted of Brinjal and Chicken. A couple of hours after having lunch they started feeling sick and vomited.
It is believed that the school administration wanted to keep the situation under wraps, as the incident occurred late on Sunday night but the news broke out on Monday afternoon. The students were reportedly vomiting but now the doctors indicated stability in their current state.