Mangalore Police Arrest ‘Chaddi Gang’ After Attack and Attempted Escape

Mangalore police successfully apprehended the ‘Chaddi Gang’ who broke into a house in Kotekani under Urwa Police Station jurisdiction on the morning of Tuesday, July 9. The gang fled the scene but was captured within five hours.

The accused were transported from Sakleshpur to Mangalore on Tuesday evening. When police took them to the location where their getaway car was abandoned in Mulki on Wednesday morning, the suspects attacked the officers and attempted to escape. In the ensuing struggle, officers fired at the suspects, injuring two of them in the leg. Both injured suspects have been hospitalized, according to Mangalore Police Commissioner Anupam Agarwal.

The incident occurred near Padupanambur. Commissioner Agarwal held a press conference at 11:30 AM on Wednesday to provide details about the robbery and escape attempt.

Case Overview:
With the assistance of Hassan Police, Mangalore Police arrested the ‘Chaddi Gang,’ who had invaded a house early on July 9. The suspects, fleeing towards Bengaluru by bus after committing the robbery, were caught based on information provided by a KSRTC bus driver and conductor in Sakleshpur. The operation was completed within five hours of the crime.

The arrested individuals, all from Madhya Pradesh, are identified as Raju Singhwani (24), Mayur (30), Bali (22), and Vicky (21). The gang broke into the home of an elderly couple near Urwa Kottara at 3:30 AM on Tuesday, threatening them with deadly weapons and stealing valuables. They fled in the couple’s car, later abandoning it near Mulki and boarding a bus back to Mangalore.

The stolen car was discovered near Mulki Bus Stand, and CCTV footage showed the suspects boarding a KSRTC bus from Udupi to Mangalore. With the help of Sakleshpur police, Mangalore officers intercepted the bus and arrested the gang members.

Further investigation and legal proceedings are ongoing.

Latest Indian news

Popular Stories

Latest Video